Saturday, January 12, 2008

DEPORTIVO(1)

Aouate After Bust-Up: Either Munua Goes, Or I Do
After being assaulted by Gustavo Munua, Dudu Aouate he said, "it's him or me..."


Deportivo La Coruna 'keeper has spoken out after being assaulted by his fellow stopper and squadmate, Gustavo Munua.

Munua was said to be angry with Aouate after the latter spoke out in the press stating that he did not deserve to be dropped in favour of the Uruguayan.

But things came to an ugly head on Friday, with Aouate describing the situation.

"Training had fnished, and after taking a shower I was getting dressed.

"Munua showed up, and when he arrived, I said, 'What are you looking at?' Suddenly, I received a punch in the eye, which began to bleed heavily.

"When I saw that blood, I fell to the floor. The whole team was there. Soon the doctor came, and the physio, Pablo, helped me. I went to the locker room with the doctor while the team stood in shock.

"This was no fight. It was a surprise. I was hit without any explanation. A big surprise. I was shocked that a team-mate of mine would do that."

The player would not rule out legal action, but definitively stated that he would not return to training while Munua was present.

"I don't know what I'm going to do," he sighed. "I'm very, very pained. But I will not go to Abegondo while this player is there.

"Until yesterday, we had a good relationship. I've never fought with anyone in my life."

Defending allegations that his words on Thursday regarding being dropped had fanned the flames, the Israeli international said, "I never complained, nor talked ill about a fellow player.

"I talked only about my situation and the quality of the team. They asked me about Munua and I said nothing. I talked about the situation of the team, which is not good.

"In any case, nobody has the right to hit anyone else."

Spanish sports daily Marca tried to get in touch with Munua to hear his side of the story, but to no avail.

No comments: